22 wishes

at 09:06

Thursday 6 September 2007


Today is the annual festival of me, and in recoginition of that I thought I'd make today's post appropriately themed. Here are 22 things that I wish, some serious, some not so serious. Some possible, some less than possible. Anyway - here they are:

1. I wish I hadn't drunk so much last night.

2. I wish I knew who it was that gave my Father my email address.

3. I wish I hadn't managed to lose my iPod at some point on the journey home and consequently wasn't on eBay at 1am this morning buying a new one.

4. I wish someone would bring me a coffee so I wouldn't have to go all the way to the lab to make one.

5. I wish I was three inches taller, preferably this would be achieved by lengthening my legs.

6. I wish it was Wednesday already.

7. I wish people knew how  much their Birthday wishes are making me smile.

8. I wish I'd never seen Simply Irrisistable.

9. I wish I'd never had to live through the third act of my own private performance of "When Sucky Guys Happen To Girls Who Don't Deserve It".

10. I wish I'd brought my new nail varnish to work with me so that I wouldn't have to spend the day with a chipped nail.

11. I wish I had a white kitten named Gabriel.

12. I wish that I didn't scare my Adorable Geek.

13. I wish I could speak Italian.

14. I wish I'd kept in touch with some of the people I went to primary school with.

15. I wish I could spend tonight doing something other than packing up boxes.

16. I wish I was a columnist for the Guardian rather than being a mindless drone.

17. I wish I hadn't agreed to go out partying 4 nights in a row.

18. I wish that I could sleep properly.

19. I wish that the carrot and orange cakes sitting on my desk weren't essentially pure fat.

20. I wish I'd carried on playing the piano.

21. I wish I knew what I should be doing with my life right now

22. I wish I didn't have to be at work today.

4 comments:

Ani Smith said...

Very happy 22, Alex.

I wish for a lot of those often, too. Specially 21 and 22 (and I'm 7 years your senior!)

VermillionBrain said...

Happy belated birthday, Alex. Sorry I missed posting then.

12. I wish that I didn't scare my Adorable Geek.

I wish that was me.

litelysalted said...

Happy Birthday! I spent mine at work last week, too. Ah well, at least you're only 22!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! I've been seriously lazy about replying to my comments recently. I hope I'm forgiven a little bit..

I had a fantastic (and week long) series of celebrations - I'm still recovering a week later.