a quick news round up

at 11:09

Thursday 7 February 2008

Christina Ricci manages to simultaneously misunderstand the term "positive female role model" and make my soul cry when talking about her new film, impressive to say the least.

Yesterday was the 90th anniversary of British women over the age of thirty getting the right to vote. The Guardian had an interview with the director of the Fawcett Society on how far we've come and the progress that still has to be made. It's well worth a read.

Guess what? Tattoos, in addition to being awesome, may actually have a medical benefit. BBC news reports that tattooing may be an ideal method of vaccine delivery as the process is excellent for promoting an immune response (anyone who has suffered tattoo flu can attest to this). Looks like it would be too painful to use on children but hey, there's always livestock.

Today marks the start of the Year of the Rat. There are a ton of fun things going on in my fair city and, if timing allows, I'm planning on heading out to soak in some culture and enjoy the fireworks this weekend. I suggest you go out and do the same (or at least get some dim sum).

Oh and did I mention that I went to see this guy over the weekend? Well I did and he was sufreakingperb. A mini-review of the show should be going up some time this afternoon.

0 comments: