I have been here for almost two years and yet still do not have the responsibility to purchase even one box of staples without approval

at 17:03

Thursday 6 March 2008

Fucking temps have more authority in this building than I do. I'm not kidding. I actually discovered today that someone who's been here two motherfucking weeks has higher approval status me. I can barely walk because I have to sit on my ass all day, which incidentally is getting fatter by the second because I can't do any freaking exercise, and it still hurts. All of the above is making me tense and snappy and mean so I'm either pissing off everyone in sight or making them cry. I'm broke because I just had to hand over £150 for someone's freaking hen weekend in June. Oh and incidentally - the wedding? Over the weekend of Leeds festival so I can't go. I still haven't heard back from my teaching course and they only have a week left to get back to me, my iPod is dead, my hair is frizzy because I was over zealous with the curlers this morning and about ten minutes ago I broke a nail.

Fuck this.

I am going home to sit on my sofa, eat cheesecake and kick the ever loving crap out of endless hoardes of pixellated evil until I feel better.

Anyway, how's your day been?

9 comments:

TK said...

[slowly... backs... out... of... the... room...]

Easy there, girlie. No need to get feisty.

mmm... cheesecake.

VermillionBrain said...

If it will make you feel any better, I still want you, frizzy hair and all.

Anonymous said...

Days like that are what video games and first person shooters were made for.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE ..BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE, so I'm just not seeing a problem with your expanding posterior.

As for your frustration with your lack of office ranking, do what millions of American drones do every day: steal supplies ....or go on a, you know..... killing spree.

Anonymous said...

HEART VOMITING.

That was how my day was.

Okay, yet another cultural bridge I must cross to get to you: What on God's green earth is a "Hen Weekend"?

Help a sister out.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it like a bachelorette party or something?


'Cept they all lez out and shit?

Kolby said...

Alex, do you work in my office? Because you just described what I deal with daily. The only way you can get ahead here is if you've got a penis in your pants.

At least the benefits are good.

Wait - are those strawberries on that cheesecake? Move over and give me a fork.

Anonymous said...

I. Am. So. There.

green tea ice cream.

Genevieve Burgess said...

My day has been mind numbingly dull, yet something bad happens every time I leave my room, so I've been scared into hiding by the imaginary forces that I believe are tormenting me.

Hopefully tomorrow gets better. My room is REALLY boring.