unmitigated joy

at 13:46

Monday 5 May 2008

Ten things that are making me quite unforgivably happy today:

1. Wearing my new light blue blazer with ripped jeans and battered converses. It makes me look like a punk rock Mother of the Bride.
2. The sun is out and for once I'm not stuck in a windowless office, completely unable to enjoy it.
3. Going to the supermarket and spending half an hour in the cookware aisle choosing new cake tins and measuring cups.
4. Waiting until it gets dark, turning all the lights off then holing up in my room and immersing myself Ico
5. The prospect of going drinking with a fellow Pajiban before the week is through.
6. Issues 7-12 of Runaways and the fact that I bought them at a mini sci-fi convention I accidentally stumbled on while out clothes shopping.
7. My soon to be shiny bathroom, replete with new shower curtain.
8. Spending my afternoon making ooey gooey chocolate brownie cake while singing along to Fiona Apple.
9. This book in all its strange and grotesque beauty... and the fact that it's the first book I've read in years that's sent me reaching for the dictionary at least once every chapter.
10. The fact that after a blissful day entirely to myself my house will be filled with people this evening, people that I can feed and entertain and give the damned Wii back to.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have friends that own a Wii? I...send them my condolences.

Alex the Odd said...

Tell me about it! None of them can understand why I don't like it, madness.

Anonymous said...

If you like Perdido St Station, you'll love Un Lun Dun by Mieville.

Alex the Odd said...

It's in my "to be read" stack! I'm really looking forwards to starting it.