as promised...

at 14:15

Tuesday 3 June 2008

Because of a certain Pajiba Love column it gives me great pleasure to present to you: my mother's amazing toblerone ice cream recipie:

Toblerone ice-cream

115g/4oz Milk or dark Toblerone

50g/2oz plain chocolate

400g/14oz fresh custard sauce

150ml/5 fl oz double cream

1 x 15ml/ 1 tbsp clear honey

1 x 15ml/ 1 tbsp sweet sherry


  • Break up chocolates and place in heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted

  • Stir melted chocolate into custard.

  • Whip cream to same consistency as custard and fold in.

  • Stir in honey and sherry

  • Pour mixture into shallow freezer container and freeze for about 1 hour until frozen 1” in from sides of container.

  • Beat until smooth and return to freezer

  • Freeze until firm

  • Leave out for about 30 mins prior to serving to allow to soften.



Totally worth the effort.

Enjoy!

ps. Drinking (and dancing) with Joker on Friday gave me a two day hangover. I spent my entire weekend in bed reading Terry Pratchett novels only occasionally shuffling downstairs to make myself a glass of squash to drink (slowly, for fear that it would make me throw up). Amazingly good magic. I am now broke and still kind of never want to drink again. All in all a fabulous evening with a kick ass girl and I now have to add Thirst the London branch, (The Oxford branch of said cocktail bar is where a sixteen year old Alex tasted her first gin sling. It was also the bar where a girl I knew in school lost her virginity. With a barman. In the toilets. Classy. This was not me I hasten to add, I left getting wasted and doing bad things in public bathrooms until I hit college - in my defense it was a classy place, with a sofa and everything. Although it was still technically the men's room. OK, I'm stopping now) to my list of venues for debauchery...

Superb.

6 comments:

Girl With Curious Hair said...

I think I gained a few pounds just reading the recipe. Imagine what will happen when I actually make it.

VermillionBrain said...

...
...
...
I am trying not to say anything that can be construed as 'creepy' or 'worthy of harassment charges'.

I better go now.

P.S. I am thisclose to actually imbibing alcohol, just so I can join in on the fun. You are a very bad influence on me.

Anonymous said...

I am insanely jealous that you got to meet Joker but glad to hear that you both had an assload of fun.

Anonymous said...

what are you, the official Pajiba welcoming committee? SHEESH.

(I can't wait to do the same thing with you!! ha ha ha. OH! Maybe we should get tattooed. godtopus? murdertank? zombie sheep???)

-K

:)

Alex the Odd said...

GWCH: My family does not do "low fat". The calories are what makes it taste so good.

Vermillion: I feel kind of bad for corrupting you. Welcome to the dark side.

Julie: Indeed, I think "an assload" is exactly the right measurement.

Boo: I think I'm the official London branch of Pajiba now... Also: Oh holy YES I could totally see myself getting a Godtopus tattoo. Maybe Skitt will design me one?

Nelly said...

A 2 day hangover?! I had to drink again on saturday! WHILE I was still drunk from the day before! Yea I think an assload is a proper estimate. Although you failed to mention the mysterious disappearance of my glasses' right lens. :D Weird shit always happens to me. Ah Thirst...that's the name, couldn't remember to save my life. I just remember multi-coloured drinks.

Let me know when you come to the Netherlands...this time space cakes will be involved!

-J.