hear me speak

at 13:29

Wednesday 28 January 2009

I guested (along with MrOdd) on the latest BeatBritish podcast run by the irrepressible Paris. It's massively long and contains incredibly fast talking on my part and some actual sense on the others' parts. Clocking in at a whopping 2 hours it's something of a marathon listen but worth it if you feel like hearing five people rant about games (with occasional sidebars into Spanish horror movies, the works of Murakami and some philosophy).

Listen to it, and my incredibly British voice, here. Let me know if you do in the comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You TOTALLY have the most adorable British voice, and I listened as long as I could. But you inadvertently found my kryptonite: hearing people eat. I fine if I see people eating and hear them eat, but just the audio...ugghghghghg. It makes me very uncomfortable.

But it is so great to hear your voice! Not like that time that I finally spoke to my pen pal after writing to each other for going on 10 years. The first time I heard her voice on the phone, I thought she was an imposter. And she had an American accent!! (Albeit a very Boston-ish, but not in the cute way, accent. I'm from the South, so it was pretty jarring. We like words to sound like they look down here.) Anyhoo, glad you are posting again. :)

Alex the Odd said...

Awww, thankee Lady Boo! And yeah, sorry about the eating - it was a greasy fry up to cure the MASSIVE hangovers that Mr Odd and I were sporting (or maybe just me, he apparently was "fine").

Btw, am totally still blog stalking you :D

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely accent, Ms Odd, and I totally love the slang. Good to be hearing more from you lately!