five things that make me the world's worst dating prospect

at 15:05

Wednesday 30 January 2008

1. I have to be slightly in awe of someone in order to take them seriously enough for me to date them, unfortunately my giant ego and sense of intellectual superiority immediately excludes 90% of people from this. As does any indication of keenness.

2. I change my mind on a minute-by-minute basis about everything from my career path to how my hair should be looking. Anyone who assumes they would be exempt from this is an idiot.

3. There are days when I will choose my playstation over my boyfriend. I'm sorry, but RPGs don't just complete themselves.

4. With great ego comes great neuroticness. I need the following things constantly: attention, praise, reassurance, requests for advice, physical affection. Also: once I get into a routine it has to be maintained: if I'm used to getting a nightly goodnight text message and suddenly don't receive one I will spend the entire next day convinced that the boy in question hates me.

5. I'm covered in tattoos. And in a couple of years' time I will be covered, covered in tattoos. Parents are not going to like me purely on principle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number four has me pretty mush pegged when it comes to romatical interactions.

And Casa Amos is getting a shiny new PS3 soon. Not to play games but Blu-Ray discs. At least if you ever jump the pond, you can crash at my house and feel at home.

Anonymous said...

...pretty MUCH...

These band-aids on my hands are impairing my typing.

Alex the Odd said...

Manda: You know I am so going to take you up on that offer at some point in the future. Bad move, you'll never get rid of me! I'm like a cursed monkey's paw in that way.