on tattoos, beauty and perception

at 12:16

Saturday 12 July 2008

The Boy says:
so welche blog was dem crappy comment?
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
on mine
The Boy says:
ink and apples?
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
And I quote:
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
"I gotta say it. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman's bare back, and there are millions of men who may fall in love with you but will find your artwork revolting. It's a done deal now, but it's a little heartbreaking."
The Boy says:
did u delete it?
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
No, it's on an old post
The Boy says:
from way back when? why did it upset u then?
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
http://www.inkandapples.com/2008/04/as-per-your-requests.html
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
Just cause, it's an issue I've dealt with before. I've been told by male friends that my tattoos pretty much make me hideous
The Boy says:
feh
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
and it's never nice when someone searches out an old post and leaves a comment to say how sad it is that I've ruined myself
The Boy says:
if someone cannot be arsed to go beyond that then their loss
The Boy says:
heck one day you may get a tattoo I dislike or find aesthetically displeasing but it wont make you hideous ugly or likely to murder babies
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
hehe
The Boy says:
tho that last point may become necessary to curb the gene pool
The Boy says:
of utter stupidness
The Boy says:
so get a tattoo like that, yeah I like
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
I was going to say: cause baby murdering totally sounds like something I would do
The Boy says:
but tbh, if you get a tattoo that isnt amazing or that doesnt "work" then.... well it's your choice and peoples ideas of you shouldnt change
The Fabulous Miss Odd says:
exactly
The Boy says:
if someone loses a limb (other END of the scale, i know) does that make them hideous? i doubt it

3 comments:

Polly said...

#1 - it's YOUR back. It's not anyone else's business.
#2 - I think it's beautiful (and can't wait to see the final product).

Alex the Odd said...

Thanks, pea. I have another session on Friday so photos are forthcoming!

Anonymous said...

People never cease to astound me.

a) Clearly, your backpiece is a stunning work in progress. Does the fact that it is on your skin rather than a canvas rob it of artistic merit? How would that even work?

b) Why on earth would anyone want a "man" who is put off by artistic expression and beauty?

c) Who gives a rat for your ignorant, pointless "heartbreak", Shooter? If you don't like tattoos, don't get one, and shut the fuck up. Better yet, don't come on tattoo-related blogs and bemoan the choices that others make in a free society.

Bah. People bug.

Can't wait to see the new pics!