Ladies, I have bad news

at 18:03

Thursday 26 February 2009

We are directly responsible for the global financial crisis. Yup, us uppity bitches and our outrageous and irresponsible desire for jobs has caused the entire planet to go into meltdown.

Well, not me. I mean, I'm a teacher which according to Newton Emerson is a proper job for a woman as it is "too demeaning for men". Phew.

Louise Livesy at The F-Word says it far better than I do so if you have the time I suggest you go and read her response to this piece of shit article.

I'll be over in the corner, sobbing and bashing my head against something pointy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...Or, you could go to work each day as an act of rebellion. As a technician, I'd actually be kinda jealous of that ability - my only ability to rebel is to tell off ignorant users in creative ways that don't get me fired.

Ladyhelmet's almost a nurse by now. Would this Newton guy be so principled to decline treatment by a woman who should be at home? Or have his pension application delayed because the women in the office and their jobs no longer exist? To quote Bugs Bunny, "What an imbecile! What an ultramaroon!"

Chin up sister. Some people won't know how good they've got it until they screw themselves over. Thankfully, there's a lot of assertive people out there fighting to keep the world from taking a giant step backwards. Soldier on! If any head needs bashing against something pointy, make it one that deserves it.

Girl With Curious Hair said...

Oh sweetie, don't bash your head against something pointy. We need you to teach future generations. Bash Newt's head against something pointy and we'll all feel better.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a joke in a Swiftian style. I'm not saying it's funny...But I think it's meant to be tongue in cheek.