a smirk on a very bad day

at 16:53

Monday 20 August 2007

I'm having the mother of all bad days today. Seriously, you know those days where everything goes wrong? Yeah, well I really wish I was having one of those. And typically, my prick of an ex has his psychic fuck Alex over instinct fully tuned in so he picks today to send me a charming little update about just how spiffy his life is right now. Tool. I'm normally a fairly sunny person but people have taken to avoiding me today, I guess my bad mood is pretty obvious from the face like thunder and the sub vocal growling. Plus I'm not explaining to everyone in ear-shot why I'm upset which is normally the sign of a major meltdown being just around the corner. (Yes, I am fully aware of my own neuroses thankyou doesn't mean I can do a damned thing about them though I'm afraid.)

There have been a couple of small consilations today namely:

  1. I am much funnier when I'm pissed off so at least my workmates have been getting something out of this.
  2. My ex-flatmate may be coming down for a spur of the moment visit this evening which means I have a fantastic excuse to drink large amounts of red wine and trash talk her boyfriend with her.
  3. Realising just how many people are frightened by my bad moods from the number of very nicely worded and incredibly polite emails I have received today.

Also this made me giggle when it came up on my RSS feed:

Former News of the World chief Phil Hall becomes first tabloid editor to confess to feelings.


I'm off to drink even more coffee now, I'm jittering as it is but I guess it's better than smashing things.

2 comments:

TK said...

Might I recommend some whiskey in that coffee? Or perhaps an Ambien?

VermillionBrain said...

That IS a crappy day. I thought I had the "fate dumps on me" card this weekend, but apparently not.

That dude is an asshole who deep down realizes how dumb he was to let you go. Screw him.